Copyright © Skate Park Association
Parent, Athlete & Spectator Code of Conduct: Character Counts
1. I will not force my child to participate in skateboarding
2. I will remember that children skateboard to have fun and to make friends
3. I will inform the coaches or event organizers of any health issues or disabilities that my child has
4. I will abide by the rules of the contest or event.
5. I will accept the judge’s decisions. If I feel there has been an error I will ask, politely, to review the
decisions and I will accept the decisions of the judges as final.
6. I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage good sportsmanship by showing respect
and courtesy and by demonstrating positive support for all children, parents, judges, coaches and event
organizer at every contest or event.
7. I will not engage in any un sportsmanlike behavior. That includes booing, disparaging remarks,
negative facial expressions, disrespecting judges decisions or following up on facebook/ internet/ twitter
with comments about the judging, parents, winners or losers of the contest.
8. I will not engage in bullying of any child, parent, judge or event organizer; not in person or via
9. I will accept that my child may not always win and might even never win and that we participate for
fun, to make friends and learn good sportsmanship.
10. I will treat all participants, parents, judges and event organizers with respect regardless of race,
creed, color, gender, ability or economic background.
11. I will congratulate and praise my child for competing fairly and to the best of his/ her ability. I will
make my child feel like a winner at every event and show that I am proud of them for participating.
12. I will respect coaches, judges and event organizers and their authority during a competition and will
not be confrontational and argumentative.
13. I will demand an environment that is free from drugs and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at
14. I will promote the emotional and physical wellbeing of all children ahead of any personal desire I
have for my child to win.
15. I will encourage my child to congratulate all competitors on a job well done and to take pride in their
accomplishments as well as the accomplishments of others.
16. I will do my best to make this event a special event for not only my child but for all children involved.
17. I will remind my child to take turns and for safety reasons not to drop in on another skater or snake
By participating I agree to follow these guidelines to insure a safe environment for all participants